Hey, friends in this tutorial we are trying to give you the basic ideas of Salesforce. Nowadays, Salesforce is the number one on-demand CRM solution in the market. Salesforce is an American cloud-based software company, Its headquartered in San Francisco, California. Its main works are to provide customer relationship management (CRM) service.
What is Salesforce?
- It is a CRM solution that brings the company and customer together.
- It’s one CRM integrated platform that gives all your department including- Marketing, Sales, Commerce, and service – a single shared view of every customer
Now, you are thinking about what is CRM?
CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management, It is a combination of business, strategies, software, and processes that help in building a long-lasting relationship between companies and their customers.
The main goal of CRM is to improve the relationship with customers.
- New lunch offers from your beloved cosmetic brand.
- Customer support via customer center.
Benefits for customers:
- Quick and relevant response
- Flexible resolutions
- No rigidity
- Less bureaucracy
- Easy information availability
Benefit For Organizations:
- Higher revenues through lesser personnel
- Reduced maintenance (Cost & time)
- Activities targeted at revenue generation
- Happy Customers resulting in Customer Loyalty for the brand
Why SFDC (Salesforce.com)?
- It is the Number one on-demand CRM.
- Force.com platform – Reduce development cost. We can deliver applications in a very short time.
- App Exchange – It is a very good marketplace to sell our custom applications and to buy applications from App Exchange.
- It is available on the cloud – No need to install any software and No hardware is required.
Cloud vs Traditional
|Traditional CRM||Cloud CRM|
|Hosted on the Company server||Hosted on Cloud|
|Set up process is huge||Simple process|
|Difficult to understand||Easy to use|
|Unused Data||Manage all Data in one place|
|No personalized service||Real-time data and personalized|
|High client attrition||High customer lifetime value|
- cloud computing is the delivery of ccomputing services- including servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics, and intelligence – over the internet (“the cloud”) to offer faster innovation, flexible resources and economics of scale.
- Pay as you go.
- Sharing of resources
Types Of Cloud Services:
1. Software as a Service (SaaS):
- No installation, setup/ download required.
- The cloud-based applications are offered to the customer as a service on request. users are able to access the services through any Internet-enabled device. (Salesforce, Google)
2. Platform as a service (PaaS):
- No seprate platform is required.
- This model is a level above the software as a service setup and provides hardware, network and operating system so that a customer can design their own application and software. (Oracle, Microsoft)
3. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS):
- No hardware or software installation is required.
- This is basic computing and storage space provided by a standardized service over the network. This model has made the workload easier by consolidating and providng data center space, storage systems, network devices, servers and so on. (AWS, Microsoft azure, Google Cloud)
Key Benefits of Salesforce
- Easy to manage
- Countless options
- Standard API
- Easy Integrate
Type Of Cloud:
- Analytics cloud
- App Cloud
- Commerce Cloud
- Health cloud
- IoT Cloud
- Marketing Cloud
- Sales Cloud
- Service Cloud
We will discuss other topics like Salesforce environment, editions, salesforce sandbox, Release, Classic Vs lighting, and Salesforce Org creation in the coming chapters.