As you know that Salesforce is one of the best cloud-based CRM platforms. This is the 2nd part of the salesforce introduction.
Salesforce has 3 environments.
- Production Environments: Active paying user accessing business critical data.
- Development Environments: You can extend, integrate and develop on Force.com without affecting your production environments.
- Test Environments:
Personal edition, Contact Manager, Group Edition, Performance Edition, Database.com Edition, Essentials Edition, Professional Edition, Enterprise Edition, Unlimited Edition, and Developer Edition.
Technologies used by the Salesforce
- Apex: Salesforce has its own programming languages, known as Apex. So in order to become a Salesforce developer, or to build a Salesforce app, the user must have a good knowledge of Salesforce Apex.
- VisualForce: Visualforce is a framework offered by Salesforce, which enables developers to create custom user interfaces that can work on the Lightning platform.
- Compiler: Salesforce contains its own complier to compile the Apex programs and VisualForce Pages.
Companies using Salesforce
Today, there are many companies that are using Salesforce as a CRM platform. Below is the list of some popular companies that are using Salesforce for their businesses.
- HCL Technologies
- Pizza Hut
- American Express
- Nikon Instrument
Other companies, such as Urban Ladder, InMobi, Paytm, Genesys, etc.
Below prerequisites are essential before learning the salesforce tutorial:
- To completely understand the Salesforce and its architecture, one must have a basic understanding about cloud computing.
- The knowledge of database storage is also required to understand how customer data is stored, retrieved, and managed.