This is 20 question set of Data Mining Methods. Please NOTE that all questions and answers are based on our research and self-study.
1. The process of extracting valid, useful, unknown info from data and using it to make a proactive knowledge-driven business is called____________
Ans: Data Mining
2. What is the other name for Data Preparation stage of Knowledge Discovery Process in data mining?
3. Which of the following role is responsible for performing validation on analysis datasets?
4. Which of the following activities is performed as part of data pre processing?
Ans: Detect Missing Values
5. Which of the following modelling type should be used for Labelled data?
Ans: Predictive Modelling
6. Noisy values are the values that are valid for the dataset, but are incorrectly recorded
7. Which statistical technique deals with finding a structure in a collection of unlabeled data?
8. Probability of theft in an area is 0.03 with expected loss of 20% or 30% of things with probabilities 0.55 and 0.45. Insurance policy from A costs $150 pa with 100% repayment. Policy with B, costs $100 pa and first $500 of any loss has to be paid by the owner. Which data mining technique can be used to choose the policy?
Ans: Decision Tree
9. What is the type of learning where a function is inferred to describe hidden structure from unlabeled data?
Ans: Unsupervised Learning
10. Statistical technique used for investigating and modelling the relationship between two or more variables is:
Ans: Regression analysis
11. If time is used as an independent variable in a simple linear regression analysis, which of the following assumptions could be violated?
Successive observations of the dependent variable are uncorrelated
12. Machine learning task of inferring a function from labelled training data is known as____________
Ans: Supervised Learning
13. Which is the statistical technique used for investigating and modelling the relationship between two or more variables?
Ans: Regression analysis
14. Regression is typically carried out to develop a mathematical model of the process.
15. Associate rule is known as ____________
Ans: Affinity analysis
16. Which data mining method groups together objects that are similar to each other and dissimilar to the other objects?
17. Which of the following activities are performed as part of data pre processing?
Ans: All the options
18. ______________ are the values that mark the boundaries of the confidence interval.
Ans: Confidence limits
19. Simulations are carried out to develop a mathematical model of the process
20. Which of the following is not applicable to Data Mining?
Ans: Involves working with known information
data mining data mining process data mining data mining process data mining data mining process data mining data mining process data mining techniques data mining techniques data mining techniques